Last Days of October + Halloween

Last month was actually quite lovely. The weather was more regulated, we were able to get outside, and Thomas was off a few weekends, so we were able to have some much-needed family time! 


Meggy Mouse in her sunday best, showing off her bracelet, and a sticker she got in Nursery.


We took an afternoon to go up to Carter's Mountain and take some family pictures. (fam pix to come) It's the end of apple picking season, so there wasn't much selection for us to pick, but we still had fun exploring the top of the mountain. And we all stuck our head in this apple, for Meggy. She thought it was the funniest thing.


Gettin' bigger and bigger! Not that it stops people from commenting on how small my belly is, compared to my due date, but I feel like a cow, and have for over a month now.


My big helper - every time I go to the doctor, she brings along Winnie the Pooh. Then she makes sure that I have him to hold during my exams, so I can be brave, and he can protect me. Who knew Winnie was such a brave bear?!


Sleepy kitty! Darcy is almost a year and a half now, and is definitely not a kitten anymore. However, he is still such a cutie pie, and we love him more than words.


Last weekend we went down to Radford for Baby KoraLynn's first birthday! Meggy and Iliana were so excited to see each other - they played and argued like sisters all weekend long. Oh how I love these two!



While the grown-ups got ready for the party, Meggy and Illiana kept Kora entertained with all the balloons. They had a blast, and Meggy is getting plenty of big-sister practice!


No shortage of silly faces with this kid!


Lest anyone think that I am a perfect parent, or Meggy is a perfect child, here we have exhibit A: 10am meltdown. This was two days after we left Radford, and we had four meltdowns in a row that week. Separation from best friends is hard. Also, 3 year olds can be rather impossible to deal with, especially when their 8month pregnant moms are tired of dealing with them.  


Thankfully by the end of our shopping trip that day, Meggy was in a much better mood, and even helped me use the self checkout. She's very proud of the fact that she can help me unload the cart by herself.


We've been having a LOT of dance parties lately. Because of Meggy's allergies, we can't enjoy the outdoors for very long, and this is a great way for both of us to get exercise. She's quite the little dancer, and has some of the grooviest moves!


More lovey-dovey kitties. These two are such good buds, and I love them!


I have no clue what she's holding (a pumpkin seed maybe?) but this past sunday was the last sunday wearing this outfit. All throughout church Meggy complained that the dress was too tight and the shoes too scratchy. She's grown SO much in the past two months, I think about 3-4 inches since July!


Halloween! Meggy dressed up as a Ballerina Princess Fairy, and got to go trick or treating twice! An outdoor shopping mall in our area does trick-or-treating the day before Halloween, so we went out Sunday evening and had some nice family time.




This was the only picture I took on the actual holiday of Halloween. Apparently our neighborhood doesn't do trick-or-treating until after dark, so there weren't too many picture opportunitys. We were the only house on our street handing out candy, but the next few streets up were hopping! One of the first things I thought of when we looked at moving to this particular area, was how family friendly it was, and how much fun Halloween would be. Well, I wasn't wrong! Caravans of families, friends, and kids all parked alongside of our streets, and there were SO many people were out trick or treating. One of my favourite houses had their whole family outside - the parents were sipping something (hot toddys?) around a fire pit, while the kids were in costume handing out candy. I can't wait until we're able to do that with our family!


Until we get a fire pit though, I'll take this cute little kid trick-or-treating. Meggy had a blast (except for the scary house that had a talking front door, she did NOT like that) and of course everyone commented on how adorable and cute she was in her costume.

Comments

Popular Posts