21(and a little bit) months!


This kid. She is the light of our lives - so silly, so sweet, so rambunctious and SO stubborn!!!

Nope, nothing like me. ;) 

Meggy is cultivating quite the vocabulary these days. I've lost count of the words she can say, because she says new ones every day. For instance: I've been trying to teach her to say "help" when she needs help with something. "Do you need help? Can you say *help*?". Usually she just giggles and says "yeah". Today however, I had bought Thomas and Meggy cookies from the store, and she was wanting one. It was up on the counter where she couldn't reach, so she came over to me, tugged on my arm and said "hep, hep!" So in dire circumstances, she can say the words we've been working really hard to teach her. 


Margaret's imagination is SO fun! She loves playing with her Little People (above) and stuffed animals. They do a lot of dancing, eating and sleeping. Actually, that's all they do. She loves playing around 
Knightly, and trying to involve him in the fun. Knightly is a good sport, and usually puts up with it for a while. When Meggy starts throwing things, or trying to dress him up, he usually skedaddled out of the room.

Knightly was subject to Meggy playing "Beauty Salon". As you can tell, he really enjoyed himself. 


Margaret is a toddler of the 21st century. She knows how to use the iPad (she can't figure out how to turn it on though, score one for he parents!) and sometimes it's scary to see how much she knows about our phones when she manages to grab one. Disney princesses are pretty big in her world. At the moment they all go by the same of "Ceelayla!", no matter if it's Ariel, Elsa or actually 
Cinderella. However Frozen, Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch are her favourite movies at the moment. Favourite tv show is Sheriff Callie, as is evidence from the above picture. We were meandering thought Target one day, turned the corner and she just came to a dead stop in front of the Sheriff Callie display.  Meggy also loves Winnie the Pooh. She's always spotting Pooh at places, loves reading Winnie the Pooh books, and watching the movies. It's a toss-up whether she'll have a Pooh or Sheriff Callie themed birthday party this year. 

This is what Meggy gets to do while Mommy does a mini workout in the mornings. 


Ove of the things that I love about Margaret is that she is SO helpful! Anytime I need something throw away, or carried somewhere, she is more than willing to help. We can walk to (the most expensive one around) grocery store, and we did one evening. Meggy took this bag from the cashier, and carried it almost all the way home! She fell down three times (growth spurt) but that didn't keep her from doing her job!
She's not always that great in the grocery store though. Most of the grocery store around here have the mini carts,and she loves using them. I ONLY EVER let her use them when a) I'm shopping with someone else and b) I'm not getting a whole lot. Meggy loves running her cart into everything - shelves, other carts, people's legs. She's not picky. 



Ah yes the toddler years. A year and a half ago when I was cuddling my sweet baby, I couldn't even imagine the frustration she would cause me DAILY. Margaret is quite the stubborn individual, something she gets from both Thomas and myself. 


Temper tantrums in the store are quite frequent. We went shopping with Thomas the other night, and he was shocked with the attitude Meggy had while she was there. I don't think he had completely believed the tales I had told about her before that night. Ah well. Hopefully this phase won't last too long. Right? Right!??

Because I told her it was time to get out of the bath. 


All things considered, this little girl is pretty cute. At least 75% of the time she is a chipper happy little girl. Meggy's latest discovery is dance! We are now having daily dance parties, and she gets everyone involved. I am usually assigned a stuffed animal, and we dance back and forth with our animals or dolls. Meggy looooves to twirl! She has a favourite dress that is especially twirly, and she loves to show off in it. I have an apron that has a lot of ruffles, and Meggy always wants to twirl with me when I wear it. 


We've made a few friends in C'ville, as we had our first playdate last week! This little boy is 3, and loved showing off his cars and trains to Meggy. She is totally into cars and trains now, and absolutely loved it. I was very proud of her sharing - she hasn't had to for quite some time, but she was pretty good at taking turns. 


Meggy antics. While at a store, she discovered this pink chair, walked right up to it, took her socks and shoes off and pretended to fall asleep. Then she stayed on the chair in her bare feet for 15 minutes!!


Hair! Margaret's hair is SO long! And super curly. She doesn't like most things I do to it,but every once in a while I convince her to let me out them in pigtails. Those are the days I take the most pictures. 



I think that's it! I can't believe in three months I'm going to have a two year old! Boy, does time fly away. 

Comments

Popular Posts