11 Months (and a week or so)

So we're a week+ late with this, but the 11th month thing kind of snuck up on me. We were pretty busy two weeks ago week with my brother-in-law's wedding, and visiting our friends in PA. It's was so much fun, and Meggy was awesome! Unfortunately, she's always a little difficult when we get back from a trip. Neither she nor I slept much after we got back from the trip. And then Meggy got a really really bad cold that doesn't seem to want to go away. We've been having fun times. 


Meggy has done some awesome new things this month! The first thing I noticed was a very good reminder of how I am an example as a parent. It was kind of scary actually!
I've been trying to do sign language with Meggy - simple things like please, thank you, and all done. She hasn't picked up on any of it. What she HAS picked up however, is the sign for cat, which I didn't even know I had been signing! I had noticed that she would rub her thumb along her fingers when Johnny came into the room, but it wasn't until she was doing that around Arin's cats that we realized she was talking to the kitties. It's adorable, and scary that she picked up on something like that, when I didn't even realize what was going on.


This sweet girl loves, loves, LOVES her stuffed animals! She loves non-stuffed ones as well, but those don't usually stop for hugs. I'll find her in the living room with a pile of animals on her lap, talking and hugging them. I've been able to hold off getting her more for now but I don't know how long I'll be able to keep that up. She just loves them so much!


Meggy had a lot of fun being a big sister for a few days when we visited Nigel. She made sure that he always got a hug when he was crying (hug, smother, it's the same thing, right?) threw toys at him when she was finished playing with them, and made sure to yell VERY loudly when she felt he was being held too much. 


Baby Meggy is very curious about everything around her. From people to animals to plants, she loves looking and exploring the little details. We were in Chick-fil-a with Mom and Rachel the other day, and Meggy wouldn't eat anything (other then a French fry) because of all the excitement that was going on around her. I love watching her explore the world, it's like seeing everything through new eyes! 


The best part of having a baby girl is all the fun dressing up I can do with her. Meggy hates when I mess with her hair, but she's pretty tolerant of clothes. And luckily we have friends with adorable baby girl dresses and bows that I can borrow! She's going to start getting messy soon enough, and I'm enjoying these pre-toddler days. 


Meggy had her first really, really bad sickness this past week. I had a really hard time,both because of the the lack of sleep, and because I can't understand what she needs!

I'm just going to go ahead and publish this post. Meggy is cute, we were/are sick, the end. Hopefully we'll get over this by her birthday!!




Comments

Popular Posts