June is bustin' out all over!


Hello friends.

Not much to report this week. June is here, and apparently in Maryland that means fuzzy haze, and and people have been complaining about the humidity, which is usually less than 50%. I have no clue what the big deal is. It's beautiful today. I'm sitting out on my porch, drying my nails. I have today off, and I'm enjoying just being quiet for once.

Although it smells kind of funny out here. And there's a wasp flying around. *sigh* Back inside.

The big news of the week is that Thomas passed his Physics registry! This means that he's completed one of the two tests he needs to be an official sonographer. The next one he can't take until after he graduates, which is in August. I am counting down the days.

I'm so excited for his school to be over, and for him to start working. Not to sound selfish or anything, but I am definitely not a good bread-winner. I stress about it so much, that even my lovely husband (who usually stresses more than me when it comes to money matters) has to tell me to calm down. I think I realized how very much  it was stressing me out when I went to work with a fever, solely because I didn't want to miss a day of being paid. I 'paid' (haha, get it?) for that though, the next day, when I felt SO MUCH WORSE, and had to call out anyway.

Anyway, Thomas has gotten two job offers already! Well, 1 and a half. One hospital is willing to give him a part-time job right after he graduates - they want to interview him next week! The other hospital has a policy of not interviewing students until they graduate, but they have asked him to come and interview right after he graduates. That job would most likely be full time. I don't completely understand it yet, but apparently with the weird hours kept at hospitals, it might be possible for him to get (and keep) both jobs. I don't know how he thinks he can do that, but he really likes to stay busy. As for me? If he gets both jobs, I'll be looking for a new, part-time job, somewhere that NOT retail. I'm thinking anywhere from an animal shelter to a receptionist.

But part-time.

Then we can look at paying off the school loan, and looking at different housing options for us, and schooling options for me.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though.

On a side note, I've been really into doing my nails recently. I'm not sure what the inspiration was... probably just the area in which we live, haha. There is a lot of black culture here (and I'm calling it that, because only about half of the dark-skinned people around here are actually from Africa) which means that even little white read-heads like me like doing fancy nail art. I'm not very good at it. I spent the morning trying a few new designs, most of which got wiped right off. My toes don't look horrid though. I'm now trying to decide between teal and red stripes for my fingernails. It's a hard decision.

Ok. I should probably go and be housewife now. The kitchen sink smells funny, and there are q-tips and cotton ball pieces all over the floor. I guess I'll pick up the q-tips, but hopefully our vacuum will suck up all those cotton ball pieces. Here's hoping.

Have a lovely weekend!

Comments

  1. When I'm feeling like doing something fun with my nails, I do this... It takes a couple tries to really figure out, but it's lots of fun and looks great when it's done. (Feel free to text me for pointers, if you need)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9A_9FH7e-A

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts